Are there any entities in Wise Co. that accept donations of clothing and household goods?
Are there any entities in Wise Co. that accept donations of clothing and household goods?
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
There is a place in Ramsey. They look kinda backed up now.
GO VOLS
You can take them to the Salvation Army store in BSG (on hill above McDonalds in the Walamrt Shopping Center). You can get a voucher for deductions on your taxes as well!
I think you are referring to Goodwill in BSG, that's where I take all mine. It's a lot easier to take things to Goodwill and get a tax deduction than to have to deal with a yardsale.
Hope House in Norton also welcomes donations. If I was guessing, I'd say Elpn6 can probably help us out on some others.
I go to the store in Ramsey (for Hope House).
No matter how backed up they look they'll take whatever you give them. Some is sold (they have more than the one store), some is used for the women who've found themselves living in the shelter with nothing more than the clothes on their back. These folks also run the second hand store in Pound - they also take donations.
I dont know how the Goodwill stores are in this area, but I stopped taking mine there when I lived in B'burg. They demanded a dry cleaning receipt for each item before they would accept it. I've not heard anyone from this area say that the BSG one is like that though.
We've got a list at work, I'll try to remember to check it tomorrow.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Cool So the store in Ramsey is for the hope house? Is it a non profit place?
GO VOLS
YEAH that's it! Brain freeze....Goodwill NOT Salvation Army!
Duds and Dough is little shop run by mentally challenged students
its located behind the Wise Co. School Bd. Office. The students sale the donated items and recieve a small salary from their profits. Its a good way to get rid of your old stuff and great training for these young students.
Bookmarks